[webkit-dev] Question related to license in WK2 EFL port

Dumez, Christophe christophe.dumez at intel.com
Tue Jul 24 23:36:12 PDT 2012

Hi,

This kind of decision is not easy to take and cannot necessarily be taken
by us developers (our employers may favor one particular license).

The WebKit project allows both Apple's new BSD or LGPL as far as I know.
So, as long as contributors use one of those 2 licenses for WebKit-EFL, I
don't see any problem with it.

Kr,

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 8:50 AM, Gyuyoung Kim <gyuyoung.kim at samsung.com>wrote:

> Hello WebKit folks,
>
> I'd like to have your opinions on EFL port licensing. Currently it uses
> both LGPL and BSD, and there's no explicit rule in EFL port so far. So the
> license was decided by individual contributor when new file was submitted.
> Nowadays, some EFL contributors are confused which license should be used.
>
> I would like to know whether EFL folks can continue to choose which
> license to use. Or, is there any rule related to license?
>
> Gyuyoung

Christophe Dumez
Linux Software Engineer, PhD
Intel Finland Oy - Open Source Technology Center