[webkit-dev] Question about JITStackFrame

Patrick Gansterer paroga at paroga.com
Tue Jul 24 13:16:22 PDT 2012

Hi,

Am 24.07.2012 um 22:08 schrieb Patrick East:
> So I can see from "JITStackFrame& stackFrame = *reinterpret_cast<JITStackFrame*>( args)" that the args parameter is supposed to be the address of the JITStackFrame. If my understanding is correct, there needs to be some assembly code to setup the JITStackFrame before we call this. How and where is this supposed to be handled?
>
> Any help explaining this would be much appreciated!

Since MSVC supports inline assembly only for x86, you need to create an additional assembly file.
http://trac.webkit.org/browser/trunk/Source/JavaScriptCore/create_jit_stubs might be a good staring point.
http://trac.webkit.org/browser/trunk/Source/JavaScriptCore/PlatformWinCE.cmake shows how the script is called.

-- Patrick