[webkit-dev] Question about embedding webkit

Brent Fulgham bfulgham at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 11:20:37 PDT 2012

Hi,

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 11:05 AM,  <forumer at smartmobili.com> wrote:
> I tried to replace href="/foo" by href="./foo" and so on but it doesn't
> solve anything, so my question is how can I run
> those files inside an application that uses webkit ? Do I also need to
> integrate inside my application a small http server ?
> Is there any other solution you can think of ?

You shouldn't need to run a local server unless you have some kind of
server-side logic that is part of the function of this program.

You will load the main "page" of your application using something like
the IWebFrame::loadHTMLString interface.  The method asks for the HTML
to render (which will include your various relative path includes),
and a "base URL" argument that allows you to set where the effective
"root" of your application lives on the local machine.

Check the WebKit .Net documentation and see where it provides its
mechanism for setting the base URL.  It is internally calling one of
the IWebFrame interface calls, but I am not sure which one.

-Brent