[webkit-dev] About WebIDL supplemental interfaces

Adam Barth abarth at webkit.org
Thu Jul 19 10:50:13 PDT 2012

What else can become a region besides an element?  If there aren't too
many interfaces, we can just copy/paste this stanza into each IDL,
like we do for EventTarget.  If there are a lot of them, then I agree
that you'll probably want a fancier Supplemental feature.

One way to approach that is to make the [Supplemental] attribute take
a list of interfaces.  That should be straightforward to implement
given our current implementation of Supplemental.

Adam