[webkit-dev] Update on the chromium-android port
abarth at webkit.org
Thu Jul 19 10:22:25 PDT 2012
I wanted to give you an update on the progress of the chromium-android
port. It's been almost a year since Andrei Popescu announced that we were
refactoring the Android port to be based on Chromium: <
Since, then we've made a lot of progress, <
but there's still a lot of work left to do: <
First of all, I would like to thank the WebKit community for being
supportive of this effort. I know there have been some contentious issues,
but, by and large, we've found workable solutions. It's easy to forget
that not all open-source projects are as healthy as WebKit.
Having watched other folks upstream their ports of WebKit, I know that it
can be a bit hard to get a broader picture of how things are progressing
just by following the individual bugs and patches. To give you a better
sense of where we are today, I'd like to share a couple milestones that
we've passed recently:
1) The branch now has less than 5000 lines of code changed from trunk. Of
these changes, about half are in WebCore and half are in the WebKit layer.
The remaining changes to WebCore are mainly related to overflow scrolling <
https://bugs.webkit.org/show_bug.cgi?id=78862> and text autosizing <
2) The chromium-android port is now able to run both text and image tests
in DumpRenderTree. Many text-based tests are passing, but most image-based
tests as failing because of some bugs in font rendering and color swizzling.
The next milestone we're aiming for is API compatibility between the branch
and trunk. Once we have API compatibility, we'll be able to build Chromium
on Android with WebKit either from the branch or from trunk. If you're
interested in following our progress towards this milestone, you can CC
yourself on this meta bug:
Thanks again, and happy hacking!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the webkit-dev