[webkit-dev] Updates on Chromium's content_shell

Adam Barth abarth at webkit.org
Mon Jul 16 17:16:29 PDT 2012

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 9:25 AM, Darin Fisher <darin at chromium.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 2:57 AM, Jochen Eisinger <jochen at chromium.org>wrote:

>>> TestRunner.a could just provide the WebViewClient and WebFrameClient
>>> implementations.  The delegate you mention could just be a createWebView
>>> function.
>>>
>>> When Jochen and I discussed this topic before, I suggested just adding
>>> CreateWebView to webkit_support, but as a delegate function seems even
>>> better.  We'd probably like to minimize dependencies on webkit_support
>>> since that is Chromium specific.
>>>

>> I think these are two separate issues: one is reusing the bindings for
>> the test objects. This is what creating a TestRunner library would achieve.
>> The other is to create the webkit objects without too egregious layering
>> violations. This is a yet to solve problem :)
>>

> Agreed.

Of more immediate concern is what to do about WebViewHost:

http://trac.webkit.org/browser/trunk/Tools/DumpRenderTree/chromium/WebViewHost.h

Do we want to share this code between DumpRenderTree and ContentShell?  It
looks like it might be necessary (especially for tests that dump callbacks
of various sorts), but it wants to drag in things like
TestNavigationController...

Adam