[webkit-dev] Web APIs and class name collisions

Andrei Bucur abucur at adobe.com
Thu Jul 12 09:18:00 PDT 2012

Hello Webkittens!

While implementing the Region interface ( http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-regions/#the-region-interface ) I've noticed that the name "Region" is already taken by a class in platform/graphics. I'd like to know what's the best approach in these kind of situations:

 1.  Rename the existing WebCore class to something else and use the name "Region" for the Web API so there's parity between the implementation and the spec
 2.  Somehow prefix the Web API implementation class name?

As the Web APIs expand I suppose this situation may occur again in the future and I suppose there should be a rule describing what's the best approach to take.

Thanks!
Andrei.