[webkit-dev] Comments in the code (Was Please include function-level comments in change log entries)

Ryosuke Niwa rniwa at webkit.org
Fri Jul 6 19:59:39 PDT 2012

On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 4:54 PM, Per Bothner <per.bothner at oracle.com> wrote:

> On 07/06/2012 03:49 PM, Ryosuke Niwa wrote:
>
>> If nothing else
>>> it's a useful sanity check: If something changes enough that you need to
>>> change a comment, that suggests it's a good thing to take the time to
>>> think through the implications well enough to write them down.
>>>

>> We do that in change logs.
>>

> Again: Differing cultures

Indeed. You just need to get used to it.

*And please, please go read webkit-dev archives before continuing the
discussion*. I suspect there are many contributors who are ignoring this
thread because we have this discussion every six months or so, and they're
getting tired of it.  I'm getting tired of it as well.

- Ryosuke