[webkit-dev] Changing the implementation of KURL

Joe Mason jmason at rim.com
Sat Jan 28 06:23:29 PST 2012

It would be handy if WTF as a whole could be used as a platform utility library.  WTF::String in particular to stop string classes from multiplying: if the platform's network stack return headers as C strings, and you want to do some munging before passing them to WebKit, you can avoid data copies by converting them to WTF::String as soon as possible, rather than converting from C strings to (say) std::string and then again to WTF::String on entering webkit.

While we're talking about hosting utility libraries that only some ports would use, it would be REALLY handy to have One True Cookie Parser, since right now WebKit leaves it to the network stack, and there are so many stacks that have substandard or non-existant cookie parsers that need to be reimplemented.

Joe