[webkit-dev] Mac and Chromium Mac EWS

Adam Barth abarth at webkit.org
Sat Jan 21 10:58:23 PST 2012

On Sat, Jan 21, 2012 at 9:32 AM, Osztrogonac Csaba <oszi at inf.u-szeged.hu> wrote:
> Something happened with Mac EWS again and now there are 375
> stucked patch. Could anyone from Apple check and fix it?

Lucas and I have been working to enable running the tests on the
mac-ews.  Unfortunately, there are too many failures on the Mac port
at the moment (more than 30, at least on those machines).  That
prevents the bots from processing patches.  I'm not sure what the
current plan is.

> And I noticed that Chromium Mac EWS is offline 1 month, 3 weeks ago.
> Is there any reason for it?

The underlying reason is that Mac OS X is not licensed to run inside a
virtual machine and therefore isn't available on cloud hosting
providers such as Amazon EC2.  For a while we ran some Mac bots on
Google's infrastructure, but the security requirements made them
difficult to administer.

> If Chromium Mac platform is still supported,
> could you fix it?

The Chromium Mac platform is still supported, but we've found in
practice that the cr-linux-ews gives us pretty good coverage and
running a cr-mac-ews isn't worth the hassle.

> Or shouldn't we remove it from the list if it isn't
> supported anymore?  ( http://queues.webkit.org/ )

We should remove it from the list.  I'll look into what's required to
make that happen.

Thanks!
Adam