[webkit-dev] Removing deprecatedFrameEncoding

Adam Barth abarth at webkit.org
Wed Jan 18 13:02:28 PST 2012

2012/1/18 Alexey Proskuryakov <ap at webkit.org>:
> 18.01.2012, в 11:26, Geoffrey Garen написал(а):
>> Once again, I think the best option is to make a decision about deprecatedFrameEncoding based on its merits.
>
> Most browsers respect default encoding when parsing Content-Disposition (*), which is against the letter and spirit of RFC 6266. So I think that following working group consensus on one spec provision is a weak argument while disobeying other ones.

I plan to fix those bugs, at least those in open source projects to
which I contribute.  (There are also bugs in how Chrome's network
stack parses the Content-Disposition header, which I also plan to
fix.)

> When we agree that non-ASCII bytes in Content-Disposition are be interpreted using out of band context,

I used to hold that opinion, but folks convinced me (and the rest of
the httpbis working group) otherwise, hence the standard.

As I've written before, if you don't want to comply with this standard
at this time, that's your decision.  My complaint is that you're
forcing your decision upon other ports.  I'm just asking for the
ability to disable this non-standards complaint code.

Adam