[webkit-dev] Patch in Qmake to split libQtWebkit.so

Konstantin Tokarev annulen at yandex.ru
Fri Jan 13 00:51:05 PST 2012

13.01.2012, 10:07, "Subha" <subharaj26 at gmail.com>:
> The libQtWebkit.so size is too large and is around 32MB for MIPS Platform. Is
> there a patch in qmake to split the  libQtWebkit.so?

I also use QtWebKit on embedded platform. Some recommendations based on my
personal experience:

1) Build QtWebKit stand-alone with build-webkit script, and disable all unneeded features.
E.g. disabling SVG can save you a lot of space.

2) Add -fvisibility=hidden -fvisibility-inlines-hidden to build options (i.e., revert commit
5700b25 in git). This saves a lot of space too.

Konstantin