[webkit-dev] Asking for review by pinging bugs---another approach

Adam Barth abarth at webkit.org
Wed Jan 4 23:49:45 PST 2012

Not to pick on anyone in particular, but when reading bugmail I
occasionally see messages like "pinging for review."  I review a lot
of patches, but I don't find these messages particularly helpful
because I don't know whether I'm supposed to review the patch.

Another approach that might work better for you is to address your
comment at someone in particular.  For example, if the message says
"Adam, can you please review this patch?", then there's a pretty good
chance I'll click through and try to answer your question.

If you're unsure who to ask for review, one approach is to look at the
svn log for the files you're changing and see who has written/reviewed
patches for those files recently.  You can also ask folks who've been
around the project for a while to suggest someone.

Good luck, and happy hacking,
Adam