[webkit-dev] (no subject)

Ojan Vafai ojan at chromium.org
Wed Feb 29 09:42:17 PST 2012

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 12:43 AM, Sergio Villar Senin <svillar at igalia.com>wrote:

> En 29/02/12 09:33, Konstantin Tokarev escribiu:
>
> >> Although I normally use it for cherry-picking a commit to upload, I have
> >> always missed the option to upload a bunch of commits as a single patch.
> >> Basically, as you said, forcing people to merge several commits in a
> >> single one to upload a patch to bz totally breaks the typical git
> >> workflow (micro-commits and so).
> >
> > Do you know how to use git rebase -i?
>
> Konstantin, that's why I meant with "merge several commits in a single
> one". You do not normally want to do that while you're developing a
> patch as having multiple commits gives you a lot of flexibility while
> developing. I normally have to create a new branch to rebase the commits
> I want in a single patch to upload it to the bz. That is annoying,
> that's why I said that having something like webkit-patch upload
> range_of_commits will be nice to have, as you wouldn't have to create a
> new branch and rebase several commits, just to upload a new patch to the
> bz.

You can do this with the current -g option by adding a commit range, e.g.
-g=commit1..commit2. AFAIK, the only thing you can't do currently with -g
is pass a commit range *and* include the staged/working copy changes.

Under the hood it basically does what you described (create a new branch,
copy the commits over as a single commit, upload from the branch, etc).