[webkit-dev] (no subject)

Dirk Pranke dpranke at chromium.org
Mon Feb 27 19:57:19 PST 2012

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 7:46 PM, Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa at webkit.org> wrote:
> Do people really use "git diff" that often? I don't use git much but when I
> do I always get annoyed by the way "git diff" works because I almost always
> want "git diff master".

I do; I often have several nested/pipelined branches in play as I am
working on a new feature and/or breaking up a new feature for review.
Git makes this quite easy, but unfortunately webkit-patch's
implementation (and our use of ChangeLogs) makes this painful, so I am
attempting to make things less painful.

If there are better ways to do what I am trying to do, I'm all ears :)

-- Dirk