[webkit-dev] Bash scripts should support LF endings only

Ashod Nakashian ashodnakashian at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 24 11:13:53 PST 2012

Webkit,

Bash scripts with CRLF are failing on some versions of bash. I've filed this issue under bug 78953 in a wider context but decided it's best to have its own bug: 79509.

In short, the issue is that some bash scripts have their svn:eol-style set to native, which is CRLF on Windows. This is causing build failures on some version of cygwin-bash that don't like CR in the scripts.

I'm looking for someone who has commit rights and is willing to volunteer to set svn:eol-style to LF on all .sh scripts and commit. AFAIK changing properties aren't well supported in diff so I can't submit a patch for review and commit-queue (please correct me if that's not the case, I'll take it from there).

Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
-Ash