[webkit-dev] DOM Rendering synchronization with javascript

Ian Johnson enjalot at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 11:00:14 PST 2012

Hi all,

I'm looking for the ability to synchronize my javascript calls with DOM
rendering. I want to do calculations based on the rendered size of an SVG
text element and I've run into cases where the font change will take longer
than the execution time of my layout calculation code so I end up with bad
results. Are there some sort of events that can be listened to? I'm fairly
certain

I've tried searching around and haven't found anything, could this be
proposed as a feature?

Something llke a barrier() or dom_fence() would be great. I think as more
people start to heavily manipulate the DOM especially for SVG this type of
thing will become a larger issue.

I'm happy to help any way I can, but I'm new to the browser world, any
pointers would be welcome :)

Thank you

--
Ian Johnson