[webkit-dev] When should we turn on new features?

Maciej Stachowiak mjs at apple.com
Mon Feb 13 18:09:14 PST 2012

I think we're talking about a couple of different things now:

1) Table of what the WebKit community as a whole (instead of individual point maintainers) thinks should be enabled in stable releases. This would be input to port maintainers looking to make a release.

2) Documenting what enable flags are actually on for given ports as shipped. Probably hard to gather this info, but might be useful input for the WebKit community.

3) Changing build systems to enable compiling "nightly" and "stable" versions from the same tree, so both modes are documented in trunk. Requires some coding for various build systems.

I like (2) and (3), but I don't think they replace the usefulness of (1). I think the mention of "the feature-table page" is blending (2) and (1), which would serve different purposes.

Regards,
Maciej