[webkit-dev] What is the license policy of a reviewing patch on Bugzilla (not yet landed to main trunk)?

Ryosuke Niwa rniwa at webkit.org
Mon Feb 6 18:17:54 PST 2012

In principle that should be the case. But I've seen cases where people
didn't realize some files they uploaded on Bugzilla weren't compatible with
LGPL or BSD until the review process so we should probably judge on
case-by-case basis in practice if the patch contains new files or code
imported from elsewhere.

In the case of people uploading a code change patch (as supposed to
importing new third-party tests, etc...), it's clear that they must have
agreed them to be licensed under LGPL or BSD, however.

Best,
Ryosuke Niwa
Software Engineer
Google Inc.