[webkit-dev] wiki spammers

Michelangelo De Simone michelangelo at webkit.org
Tue Dec 18 04:28:12 PST 2012

Heya,

> Shouldn't we restrict modifying the wiki for contributors in commmiters.py only?
> Or what if adding a captcha and mail verification for registering to trac?

I'd personally go with the committers.py idea, adding also the chance for random contributors to manually ask for an account.

Having the sole mail-based verification might IMHO become problematic for two reasons: if some bot starts a flood of requests we might both overload the MTA /and/ start to back-flood with confirmation emails potentially-unaware people whose email addresses were artfully collected.

--
Bye,
Michelangelo