[webkit-dev] Multiprocess networking in WebKit

Michael Nordman michaeln at google.com
Mon Dec 3 17:18:08 PST 2012

About MemCache considerations, you list these options...
* Do not share storage
* Share storage but hits in remote caches are asynchronous
* Share storage and all cache hits are serviced synchronously

Is there a fourth option?
* Share storage and all cache hits are async in all cases (the resulting
handle is returned asyncly, but the data is then directly addressable).

And then maybe a fifth two-tiered option that builds on the above to get to
something more satisfying?
* Shared storage is accessible asyncly at the level of ResourceHandle (that
fourth option).
* Local handles to shared resources are accessible syncly at the level of
todays MemCache, where the local memcache gets populated with handles to
resources in shared storage.

I'm merrily ignoring how decoded data is also associated with
CacheResources (and how it can mutate depending on attributes of the
Document for which it was most recently decoded).