[webkit-dev] Adding CSS3 background-position offsets.

Dirk Schulze dschulze at adobe.com
Mon Dec 3 13:21:51 PST 2012

On Dec 3, 2012, at 1:15 PM, Benjamin Poulain <benjamin at webkit.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 12:59 PM, Dirk Schulze <dschulze at adobe.com> wrote:
> Depends on the future. But for such a small patch, a new flag seems to be overdone. I looked into the patch, and adding the flag caused more code, then the actual feature (even if the computed style is missing). I believe we should remove the flag ASAP. Flags are for bigger new features of features that likely will change IMO. Both seems not to be the case for background-position.
>
> See http://trac.webkit.org/wiki/AddingFeatures

"The policy for adding new (major) features to WebKit is:"

major says everything IMO. background-position is not a major feature.

However, to stay at the topic: Is there anything blocking 'background-position' with the new syntax? Any objections to remove the flags? If yes, I would like to know more about the problems.

Greetings,
Dirk