No subject

Wed Aug 1 07:28:53 PDT 2012

br>
DOMNodeRemovedFromDocument as those are used extremely rarely. =A0We<br>
don&#39;t have any data for how much of this usage is attributable to<br>
extensions. =A0It will be interesting to watch this data as we<br>
evangelize MutationObservers, especially among extension developers.<br></b=
How is it calculated? Like Web Inspector has been using DOMNodeRemoved for =
its viewport-based text editor until very recently, so your 0.07% is likely=
 to include millions of users. Is that expected? I wonder what will the dro=
p be with the next major Chrome release.</div>
;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
Another metric we have is for Blob.webkitSlice:<br>
Ratio of Blob.webkitSlice calls to Blob.slice: 14.87%<br>
Ratio of Blob.webkitSlice calls to Document creation: 0.0053%<br>
It&#39;s difficult to know how to interpret this data because we don&#39;t<=
br>
actually correlate calls to webkitSlice with Documents or Pages.<br>
Instead, we just count the total number of calls across all Documents.<br>
=A0This gives us an upper bound on how many Documents (or Pages) would<br>
be affected by deleting Blob.webkitSlice, but doesn&#39;t measure that<br>
information as accurately as the data we have for mutation events.<br>
We are also gathering metrics on the usage of vendor prefixes in CSS<br>
properties, but that histogram doesn&#39;t appear to have been in the<br>
field long enough to have meaningful data.<br>
Adam<br>