[webkit-dev] SH4, MIPS, and legacy-ARM assemblers in JavaScriptCore

Gergely Kis gergely at homejinni.com
Wed Aug 29 15:10:16 PDT 2012

 On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 11:34 PM, Fu, Chao-Ying <fu at mips.com> wrote:

> > On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 05:58:10PM +0000, Fu, Chao-Ying wrote:
> > > Hi All,
> > >
> > >   Before a MIPS buildbot is ready, you can go ahead to
> > change the assembler or any parts of code.  We (MIPS) will
> > test new code and submit patches that are required to fix the
> > MIPS JSC build.  Don't need to worry about breaking the MIPS
> > build.  (I have a cron job that checks out code and builds
> > JSC on a native MIPS Linux every night.)  This is the current
> > process that we use, I think.  Thanks a lot!
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > more pennies. That is not how the other stakeholders develop
> > inside the
> > WebKit project. There is little to no value for this community if you
> > test behind closed doors. E.g. how can members of this
> > community know that
> > a lack of communication is the lack of issues and not you
> > being reassigned
> > to something else?
> >
> > holger
>
>   Sure.  Will having new MIPS buildbot help to solve this concern?
> If yes, then you should not worry because we promise to help on buildbot.
> Thanks!
>
> Regards,
> Chao-ying

Hi Holger,

We are working together with MIPS to update and maintain the MIPS port of
Webkit. We are setting up a buildbot slave to be integrated with
build.webkit.org. First, it will use qemu emulation to run the on-target
tests. However, this is only a temporary measure until we get at least one
board dedicated to this purpose, then our slave will also execute tests on
actual hardware.

It is our current plan to have the initial qemu-only slave set up by next
week. Should we contact you directly or someone else to get the slave
integrated with build.webkit.org?

Would this be acceptable for you?

Best Regards,
Gergely