[webkit-dev] removing vendor prefix from CSS animations, transitions

Jussi Kukkonen jussi.kukkonen at intel.com
Wed Aug 29 05:49:47 PDT 2012

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 8:55 PM, Simon Fraser <simon.fraser at apple.com> wrote:
> On Aug 23, 2012, at 1:06 AM, Jussi Kukkonen <jussi.kukkonen at intel.com> wrote:
>> How about Animations and Transitions, is there a reason for me to not
>> send patches that enable the unprefixed properties and events in those
>> specs at this point?
>
> I  think we should review the current working draft of the specs, and understand
> how far we deviate from them (in the form of a set of filed bugs), rather than doing
> a cowboy unprefixing like the other vendors.
>
> Simon

For what it's worth, It seems webkit passes the Nokia submitted tests*
with one exception where the test might actually be wrong
(animation-iteration-count-003 sets an invalid iteration count value
and the result is not defined in the spec).

Jussi

*) http://test.csswg.org/source/contributors/nokia/submitted/css3-animations/