[webkit-dev] Proposal for coding guidelines: Do not use fall-through switch cases inside #ifdef's

Darin Adler darin at apple.com
Tue Aug 21 13:29:11 PDT 2012

On Aug 21, 2012, at 1:22 PM, Mark Rowe <mrowe at apple.com> wrote:

> It'd be preferable to fix whatever problem exists with the dependencies so that these files are automatically regenerated when needed. Otherwise anyone building on these platforms, including buildbots, will just run in to the issue after you land the patch.

I agree. And if we can find a reproducible case of the build dependencies not working, that should make it easier to diagnose and fix.

If we can’t fix the problem, it’s still preferable to check something in that triggers a full build rather than telling the bot to do so, since that will probably fix the problem for other people too, not just the bots.

-- Darin