[webkit-dev] PSA: removing CSS3_FLEXBOX define

Elliott Sprehn esprehn at chromium.org
Sun Aug 19 16:11:28 PDT 2012

On Sat, Aug 18, 2012 at 2:42 AM, Kenneth Rohde Christiansen <
kenneth.christiansen at gmail.com> wrote:

> Nice, congratulations on getting this far! A lot of web developers are
> going to find flexbox extremely useful, and we should also not forget
> that it is even supported by IE10 (though prefixed with -ms-) now, so
> it will be good that people can also use it on WebKit based browsers
> soon.

Note that IE10's implementation is very different than the new spec.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ie/hh673531(v=vs.85).aspx
http://dev.w3.org/csswg/css3-flexbox/

Even more bizarre they link to the deprecated flexbox spec:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-css3-flexbox-20090723/ but don't actually
implement it. :/

- E