[webkit-dev] Status of multithreaded image decoding

Dong Seong Hwang luxtella at company100.net
Fri Aug 17 01:54:41 PDT 2012

2012/8/14 Dong Seong Hwang <luxtella at company100.net>
> Trigger image decoding early in layout and scroll will certainly
> relieve flashing though it can’t completely remove the problem. We
> will apply this optimization to parallel image decoder.

I changed parallel image decoder to trigger decoding on layout as
Alpha suggested. Unfortunately, it does not seem to relieve flashing.
I tested the change on Tumblr site, but the difference was visually
indistinguishable.

However, theoretically there must be some improvements. I want to
discuss more about it while parallel image decoder is reviewed.