[webkit-dev] Proposal to enable compile flags only for EWS run

Bruno Abinader brunoabinader at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 11:01:39 PDT 2012

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 1:28 PM, Adam Barth <abarth at webkit.org> wrote:
> In that case, he might want to start with one port, get that working
> well, and then expand to the other ports.
>
> Adam

That's exactly what I am doing :) As I'm mostly familiar with Qt, it
is the chosen platform were I am basing layout test results. I'm
building and testing locally, both with and without the feature flag
enabled, to make sure I'm not breaking any previous behavior. All new
CSS3 text decorations are getting proper layout tests, and I am also
taking care of editing feature, which I found proper spec already (
https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/editing/raw-file/tip/editing.html ) and
studying it. So far I just found basic text decoration support, so
this is pretty well assured by current implementation.

> On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 10:03 AM, Peter Beverloo <peter at chromium.org> wrote:
>> It depends on the kind of feature you're working on, indeed.
>>
>> While I don't know what Bruno's use-case is, In the case of text decoration,
>> I guess it could involve testing the complex test code paths which can be
>> different for port/platform combinations.

Indeed. So far there were no big changes between platforms (except
pixel tests font size/type differences, for instance). But it's always
good to be backed by EWS results to be sure everything's fine. I
enjoyed your solution (to provide a separate patch to make EWS run the
tests) which won't get landed, and that's what I'm going to do until
we find a better solution. Thanks for the input!

--
Bruno de Oliveira Abinader