[webkit-dev] Disjointed selection ranges

Ryosuke Niwa rniwa at webkit.org
Tue Aug 14 12:25:59 PDT 2012

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 11:51 AM, Shezan Baig <shezbaig.wk at gmail.com> wrote:

> We are using embedded WebKit in our application, and we need to be
> able to use disjointed selection ranges for table editing.  I was
> wondering whether anybody is currently working on implementing this,
> and is there any bug number for it?  If not, I will attempt to
> implement it based on the approach described by Eric in [1] and [2].

I don't think we should implement general multi-range selection. It causes
all sorts of hell in editing.

Having said that, I would want to see us supporting proper table editing as
well. What kind of features for table editing do you have in your mind?

Can we discuss this on public-webapps before proceeding with our
implementation?

- Ryosuke