[webkit-dev] [Perf] Memory Statistics and EWS IRC Bot

Ryosuke Niwa rniwa at webkit.org
Mon Aug 13 12:15:18 PDT 2012

Hello WebKittens,

We have made a few improvements on our performance test infrastructure over
the last couple of weeks:

   - run-perf-tests now *generates and opens up results page* at the end.
   Sample results page:
   https://bug-93296-attachments.webkit.org/attachment.cgi?id=156765
   - We now report *FastMalloc and JSHeap* statistics in most performance
   tests (Thanks Zoltan!)
   - Memory statistics are now available on webkit-perf.appspot.com
   - *The wiki page *has been updated to address various use cases:
   http://trac.webkit.org/wiki/Writing%20Performance%20Tests
   - Highly experimental* perfalizer IRC bot* now resides on #webkit. You
   can ask it to run performance tests before and after the attachment is
   applied on ToT by telling: "test <attachment id>"

Please try out these new features and give us feedback (file a bug and cc
me or block the bug 77037 <http://webkit.org/b/77037>). In particular, I'd
love to get some feedback on perfalizer as our eventual goal is to
integrate it with Bugzilla

Best regards,
Ryosuke Niwa
Software Engineer