[webkit-dev] DRT/WTR should clear the cache at the beginning of each test?

Ryosuke Niwa rniwa at webkit.org
Wed Aug 8 13:27:00 PDT 2012

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 11:43 AM, Alexey Proskuryakov <ap at webkit.org> wrote:

> I can see some downsides to emptying the cache before each test:
>
> - we won't be getting any test coverage for cache behavior when it hits
> non-trivial size;

We should have a separate test for that as Eric pointed out.

- this may well make tests measurably slower;

> - this will be yet another cause of subtle difference between platforms,
> as some will undoubtedly have this unimplemented for a long time.

On the contrary, it may well improve the overall bot cycle time because
flaky tests are ran twice on new-run-webkit-tests if we actually have many
tests that are flaky because of this.

We also parallelize tests and resources are loaded from the disk (with
cache) so I highly suspect this will be an issue.

- Ryosuke