[webkit-dev] Top 100 sites browsing tests proprosal

Sergio Villar Senin svillar at igalia.com
Mon Apr 30 03:29:52 PDT 2012

En 27/04/12 01:19, Ryosuke Niwa escribiu:
> See my posts about archive.org-based performance tests. We can use the
> same infrastructure to make sure WebKit doesn't crash :)

Yeah that's great! I just forgot to replay to that thread :)

> In fact... running top 100 websites as performance tests might just do
> the trick because we'll catch any crashes (can't catch assertion
> failures though :( ).

Having performance tests will indeed catch the "obvious" crashes, but I
was not specially concerned about them because our Layout tests would
likely catch them first. I was mainly interested in assertions. Why not
just use debug builds with the same cool infrastructure you're
developing and call it top-100/assertion/whatever tests?

BR