[webkit-dev] Double-Resolution (Retina) Images - Re: -webkit-image-set

Edward O'Connor eoconnor at apple.com
Mon Apr 23 15:41:53 PDT 2012

Hi Tom,

You wrote:

> I am seeking feedback for my (hopefully relatively painless in
> practice compared to the alternatives - i.e. -webkit-image-set and
> html5 <image>) proposal to solve the problem of 2x-res (double-
> resolution) images with our current HTML and CSS standards for devices
> with high-resolution displays, such as 3rd Generation iPads and 4th
> generation iPhones and newer.

webkit-dev probably isn't the best place to design new Web-facing
features; in particular, there is ongoing work on this problem space in
the CSS WG, the WHATWG, and elsewhere. See for instance the threads
starting here

http://lists.whatwg.org/pipermail/whatwg-whatwg.org/2012-February/thread.html#34683

and here

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2012Feb/thread.html#msg1103

Anybody is welcome to contribute to www-style and the whatwg list.

Ted