[webkit-dev] Eliminate potential null pointer dereference?

Andreas Kling kling at webkit.org
Sat Apr 21 13:41:08 PDT 2012

On Sat, Apr 21, 2012 at 9:45 AM, Antti Koivisto <koivisto at iki.fi> wrote:

> There is generally too much pointless drive-by refactoring going on in the
> project. I think we should take harder line against these "No new test /
> code cleanup only" type patches to reduce noise level.

 +1 to this.

Furthermore, I think part of the problem is drive-by reviews. Many of these
pseudo-cleanup patches may seem straightforward enough to basically
rubber-stamp, but if you don't know the code well enough it's better to
defer to someone who does. I doubt the appropriate reviewer(s) would have
reason to postpone trivial 2-line code reviews for too long anyway.

-Kling