[webkit-dev] Eliminate potential null pointer dereference?

Ryosuke Niwa rniwa at webkit.org
Sat Apr 21 11:32:49 PDT 2012

Given Antti's response, I'm even less convinced that these coverity related
fixes are overall improvement (I have no doubt and am grateful that those
working on this effort is doing so on good intentions).

My suggestion is to require tests for any changes of this nature (perhaps
except uninitialized variables; although even those may have been
intentional and simply initializing variables just hide bugs) in the
future, and review any changes we've made in the past and revert them as
needed.

Also in general, let us remind ourselves of not reviewing changes we don't
understand (I'm not intending to blame any single reviewer here; just a
general comment). Had this patch been reviewed by antti on the first place,
we wouldn't be having this rather unpleasant conversation.

- Ryosuke