[webkit-dev] Eliminate potential null pointer dereference?

Rachel Blum groby at chromium.org
Fri Apr 20 14:00:08 PDT 2012

> If this issue was spotted by a static analyzer, it would be good to
> mention that in the ChangeLog too.

We (the static analysis loons ;) usually try to do that. (The log will
contain CID=xxxx to identify the Coverity ID, and most of the time a
[Coverity] tag).

The bug that David mentioned above got Coverity a lot more attention on the
Chromium team, and quite a few people started working with it, most likely
without knowing we do that.

I apologize I didn't clearly communicate that's a best practice when I
pointed people there. Updating our documentation as we speak.

Rachel