[webkit-dev] Handling failing reftests

Osztrogonac Csaba oszi at inf.u-szeged.hu
Thu Apr 12 00:12:16 PDT 2012

Hi All,

I ran into a failing reftest and I didn't find a proper way for handling it.
fast/multicol/cell-shrinkback.html is a new reftest introduced in http://trac.webkit.org/changeset/113738 .
But unfortunately it fails almost everywhere (Chromium, GTK, Qt).

Chromium guys added platform specific png files into platform/chromium-linux and platform/chromium-win
directories - http://trac.webkit.org/changeset/113790

I tried to do same thing for Qt port, but the test still fails - http://trac.webkit.org/changeset/113869
It seems NRWT ignores expected png and txt files for reftests at all.

And now I found that it is added to the test_expectations.txt for Chromium:
http://trac.webkit.org/changeset/113797/trunk/LayoutTests/platform/chromium/test_expectations.txt

So what is the proper way for handling failing reftests? In this case isn't possible
if the reftest is incorrect, because it fails almost on all platform, but Mac?

br,
Ossy