[webkit-dev] Process for making changes that affect layout test results

Tony Payne tpayne at chromium.org
Wed Apr 11 16:56:36 PDT 2012

Some of these test result changes turn out to be the effect of incorrect
test cases.

For example, compositing/color-matching/image-color-matching.html compares
an image without a color profile with an image tagged with what it calls a
"default RGB" profile. However, this "default RGB" profile is not sRGB, so
the test is wrongly[1] assuming these images should be displayed the same.
I'd like to replace all of the resources containing random RGB profiles
with sRGB profiles instead.

1) Is this a good idea? Is there a reason why these image resources have
non-standard profiles in them?
2) How do I coordinate this, as changing the image resources seems like it
will affect all the ports?

Tony

[1] http://www.w3.org/Graphics/Color/sRGB.html