[webkit-dev] NPAPI plugin may be broken in mac latest sources?

Rudi Sherry rsherry at adobe.com
Wed Apr 11 15:02:37 PDT 2012

Yesterday I updated to the latest webkit sources for the mac (`Tools\Scripts update-webkit`) and rebuilt.

Now, when I run Safari using them (`Tools\Scripts\run-safari --debug`) and open a file for my plug-in (which works fine), then go Back/Forward QUICKLY, NPP_NewStream() is never called for Forward.  If I go Back/Forward SLOWLY, then it gets called for Forward.

In between Back and Forward, the NP_Shutdown() .. NP_Initialize, NPP_New is called in both cases, and I've verified they're all returning no error (or valid values).

The release of Safari I have (5.1.5) does not exhibit this behavior (I'm on Lion).

I don't see anything in the bug database about this; before I enter a bug, is this known?

Thanks,
Rudi