[webkit-dev] Process for making changes that affect layout test results

Tony Payne tpayne at chromium.org
Wed Apr 11 13:57:13 PDT 2012

Given the recent discussion on test_expectations.txt, perhaps the answer to
my question is still up in the air.

I'm working on a change that I expect to require changing the expectations
for about 75 tests on chromium win and linux.
https://trac.webkit.org/wiki/Rebaseline seems to only cover the gardening
work to rebaseline after the commit. I cannot find any wiki pages that
describe what the original author is expected to do when making visual
changes. Should I attempt to rebaseline manually? Should I mark the tests
as failing? Should I just check in and let the bots go red?

Thanks,
Tony