[webkit-dev] CSS 2.1 Test Suite

Alan Stearns stearns at adobe.com
Wed Apr 11 12:11:23 PDT 2012

The best way to judge whether a reference result is correct is to submit
the result to the W3C CSS 2.1 test suite and have it reviewed. The only
way this test suite will get more reference results is if people like us
volunteer to submit references. If it's useful to us to have these
'homebrew reference results' then it will be useful to everyone else who
uses the suite.

The previous thread mentioned checking Mozilla to see if their test suite
had references for particular tests. If that's the case, then we should
either encourage them to submit the references to the W3C, or just do that
ourselves on their behalf.

Alan

From:  Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa at webkit.org>

As we have previous discussed following
https://lists.webkit.org/pipermail/webkit-dev/2012-March/019782.html, it's
hard to judge whether a given reference result is enough to cover
everything the test intends to test. e.g. you can have a bug such that
both the test and the reference file ends up having the same rendering
result.
- Ryosuke

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 2:26 PM, Robert Hogan <lists at roberthogan.net>