[webkit-dev] Mouse Lock API

Darin Fisher darin at chromium.org
Thu Sep 22 14:42:29 PDT 2011

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 2:38 PM, Alexey Proskuryakov <ap at webkit.org> wrote:

> 22.09.2011, в 14:25, Darin Fisher написал(а):
>
> Our next step is to extend this to non-fullscreen, so I think it would be
> counter-productive to preclude non-fullscreen at this time.
>

> I think that adding an API for non-fullscreen mouse lock would be a
> detriment to the Web platform. So gating fullscreen API on it seems pretty
> controversial.
>
> - WBR, Alexey Proskuryakov

Would you mind raising your concerns with the working group?  I believe
there is a fair bit of interest in providing mouse lock in the
non-fullscreen case too.  I can imagine it may require some additional UI.

It makes sense to me to design the mouse lock API with the idea that it
could work in either fullscreen or non-fullscreen mode.  Then it just
becomes a question of policy and UI as to whether it runs in neither, one or
both.

-Darin