[webkit-dev] Mouse Lock API

Alexey Proskuryakov ap at webkit.org
Thu Sep 22 14:23:47 PDT 2011

21.09.2011, в 12:52, Darin Fisher написал(а):

> True, although there are still questions about how the user experience will work for non-fullscreen.  I think we only feel confident that we have a decent fullscreen solution at this point, and the plan was to restrict the initial implementation to fullscreen mode for that reason.

Would it make sense to simplify the API too? Parts of it seem unnecessary if mouse lock only works in full screen - all additions to MouseEvent in particular can likely be dropped. Security considerations are also substantially different.

It might be more productive to treat fullscreen mouse lock as a complete API, with only a potential for being some day extended to support windowed mode.

- WBR, Alexey Proskuryakov