[webkit-dev] Mouse Lock API

Scott Graham scottmg at chromium.org
Wed Sep 21 11:40:38 PDT 2011

2011/9/21 Alexey Proskuryakov <ap at webkit.org>:

> platforms. Interfering with mouse movement would be one of the most
> dangerous and frustrating things Web pages could possibly do.

While I agree, that doesn't seem like a problem with the spec. As I
read the spec, it seems that it leaves enough latitude to allow each
browser to do what it feels is best for its users as far as security
and annoyance is concerned.

If your browser simply prompted or required whitelisting before
allowing a page to mouse lock along with directions on how to cancel,
it doesn't seem like it would be problematic to me.