[webkit-dev] ENABLE flag cleanup strawman proposal

noam.rosenthal at nokia.com noam.rosenthal at nokia.com
Wed Sep 14 23:42:15 PDT 2011

On Sep 15, 2011, at 3:25 AM, ext Adam Barth wrote:

> I wonder if we should combine all the flags that are disabled only to
> reduce binary size.
One thing that can be done, is to combine them in the build-bot level, like the --minimal flag in build-webkit. Combining flags to something cryptic like REDUCE_BINARY_SIZE (I know you didn't suggest that one :)) would not seem readable, but "Change 67777 broke the reduced-binary-size build" does, to me.
We've done that with the Qt minimal bot to some success. It doesn't reduce as much complexity as removing the flag altogether, but it does keep people from putting, for example, XSLT code outside the ENABLE_XSLT flag without a notification.