[webkit-dev] What is an "active port"? [WAS: Do you maintain OS(WINCE)?]

Patrick Gansterer paroga at paroga.com
Wed Sep 14 13:00:36 PDT 2011

Hi,

I completely agree with all of your points. I also don't think that it's your task to keep every "part time" port working with every change.
IMO most of the "is active" questions come with a "when do we remove the old code/port from trunk" question. That's not very cool to hear after the "hard" upstreaming work. But that's only my personal view.
More interesting questing is: How do "part time" maintainers get "informed" about fundamental changes? I'd prefer cc'ing on a bug which might break a build. So it's possible for the maintainer to try to build with the patch locally and implement the missing parts. At least for me it's easier to fix compiler errors than answering questions about a possible build break on webkit-dev. ;-)

- Patrick