[webkit-dev] Removing ENABLE_SINGLE_THREADED and ENABLE_JSC_MULTIPLE_THREADS

Yong Li yong.li.webkit at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 07:13:25 PDT 2011

Hi Geoffrey,

>From what I understand, HTML5 Web Worker doesn't rely on threaded GC
because each worker thread has its own heap. The other place affected
by ENABLE_JSC_MULTIPLE_THREADS is JSLock. However it is also said
platforms other than MacOS doesn't need to implement JSLock. It seems
the only use of ENABLE_JSC_MULTIPLE_THREADS is to use JS API from
another thread. Is this correct?

Thanks,
Yong Li