[webkit-dev] Do you maintain OS(WINCE)?

Patrick Gansterer paroga at paroga.com
Tue Sep 13 14:38:09 PDT 2011

Hi,

Am 13.09.2011 um 21:37 schrieb Adam Roben:

> On Sep 13, 2011, at 12:07 PM, Leandro Pereira wrote:
>
>> Antonio,
>>
>> On 09/13/2011 04:00 PM, Antonio Gomes wrote:
>>>
>>> I believe it was maintained by Torch Mobile, and, according to George
>>> Staikos, it is not part of the plans any more (Torch was acquired by RIM).
>>>

>> AFAIR, Patrick Gansterer (paroga) is still working on the WinCE port. He usually informally reviews CMake-related changes.
>
> I believe this is correct. He also maintains a buildbot: http://build.webkit.org/builders/WinCE%20Release%20%28Build%29

Yes, that's correct.

How do we measure an "active port"??? I maintain a buildbot for WinCe and usually fix problems with the port within hours. Unfortunately I don't get paid to work on WebKit the whole day and so I can't make such big steps forward like other ports do.
Other active ports (e.g. wx) don't even have a buildbot and get maintained too.
Some configuration like BREWMP or HAIKU don't have buildbot and I can't see any build fixes or _upstraeming_ activity for them within the last months.

So PLEASE: When do we call a port "active"? It's not cool to get the question about removal every few months!

-- Patrick