[webkit-dev] More ports on nightly.webkit.org?

Jarred Nicholls jarred at sencha.com
Mon Sep 12 12:56:50 PDT 2011

On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 12:53 PM, Konstantin Tokarev <annulen at yandex.ru>wrote:

> 12.09.2011, 23:18, "Leandro Pereira":
>
> > OTOH, providing binary packages for Linux isn't an easy task. Different
> > packaging standards, ABI differences, etc, makes binary distribution a
> > nightmare: even if a new set of libraries are installed, there is no
> > warranty that the browsers will pick those up or even if it will work at
> > all (not really an issue for nightly builds but annoying nonetheless).
>
> Not really. One can perform a build on CentOS 5 and bundle every library
> ldd shows with resulting binaries (with exception of libc, libdl, and
> librt) with
> application.

True enough, I also build my products on CentOS 5 and it works on all the
other major distributions quite well.  It's got sufficiently old glibc, etc.
 But, there's the occasional issue in edge distros.

> --
> Regards,
> Konstantin

*Sencha*
Jarred Nicholls, Senior Software Architect
@jarrednicholls
<http://twitter.com/jarrednicholls>